Unreal VR Dev: Make VR Experiences with Unreal Engine in C++
Created in collaboration with Epic. Learn to build stunning games, tools & more in VR. Design for Oculus Rift & Steam VR
What you'll learn:
- Understand and explain the unique challenges presented by VR hardware such as motion sickness.
- Recreate the most common mechanisms of VR games such as teleportation, spatial UI and object interaction.
- Compare solutions to VR challenges and assess which perform best in a given context.
- Choose the most appropriate mechanisms for their own games and projects.
- An Oculus Rift or Steam VR compatible headset.
- A PC or Mac meeting the minimum specifications of the headset.
- Comfortable with using UE4 editor for basic scene editing.
- Able to use the UE4 Blueprint editor to make basic behaviours.
- Able to use C++ to create actors with basic behaviours.
Learn to build beautiful Virtual Reality experiences. This course, created in collaboration with Epic Games, teaches you everything you need to know to build your very own VR apps and games in the world class Unreal Engine.
Unreal is a massively powerful game engine that puts performance and graphics first. It includes industry-grade VR tools that power some of the best high-end experiences on the market such as Robo Recall. That's why Unreal is the perfect tool to create your own VR experiences.
Virtual Reality is being used to develop apps and experiences for a broad range of industries beyond games. You can do Architectural Visualisation by walking around a building before it is built. You can sketch and sculpt car designs directly in 3D without a modeller. And of, course, you can play games in a completely different way.
But Unreal being as powerful as it is and VR, so new, it can be hard to know where to start. This course makes understanding Unreal VR super easy. Not only do we show you how to use the engine's VR features, but we teach you the fundamental concepts of VR development. By teaching you the fundamentals, we will put you ahead in the rapidly developing VR space.
Looking for other Unreal content such as multiplayer, or a beginner course? Check out our other Unreal Engine tutorials, just follow the green leaf logo.
This course is aimed at beginner to intermediate Unreal users with some knowledge of C++. Not too confident? Don't worry, the course will take you through everything step by step and give you plenty of practice to build up that confidence with coding.
Note: access to this course comes with an optional, free community site where you can share games and 3D models, as well as connect with other students.
Become a pioneer of VR and create the future!
Who this course is for:
- Beginner to intermediate UE4 developers looking for a fun way to enhance their skills.
- Advanced UE4 Developers wanting to understand the unique challenges of VR.
- Oculus Rift or HTC Vive owners wanting to create their own experiences.
17 hours on-demand video
1 downloadable resource
1 practice test
Full lifetime access
Access on mobile and TV
Certificate of completion