Unreal Engine 4 – Learn To Make A Game Prototype In UE4
A complete guide that takes you through every step of building a professional and polished SHMUP game using UE4.
Unreal Engine 4 – Learn To Make A Game Prototype In UE4 udemy course free download:
What you'll learn:
- Gain an understanding of Unreal Engine.
Learn simple – intermediate uses of Blueprints.
Develop an understanding for some preferred game development pipelines.
- Build a polished prototype to flesh out into a full game.
- Learn to navigate UE4 interface with hands on experience.
- An introduction to particle systems.
- Applying Audio to a game.
- Creating your own Game Mode to manage the game logic.
- Programming a player controlled character.
- programming different enemies and projectile types.
- Programming a simple boss.
- A dynamic wave spawning system.
- The use of inheritance to help streamline development.
- Simple art concepts.
- Importing content into the game from various sources.
- Learn to use source control.
- Implement a save / load system.
- An understanding of navigating computer interfaces.
- How to install any utilised software.
This course teaches students how to build a template for a side scrolling shooter (shmup) game and then further build on this by adding a level of polish to the finished template. Students will learn to utilise Blueprints with Unreal Engine 4 as well as some important concepts which have started being referred to as “Game Feel” or “Juice”.
If you have an interest in using UE4 to develop games, learn to program using Blueprints, take a look at a classic arcade style game and learn some important techniques and theories behind making your game stand out from the rest then this course is for you.
I’ve attempted to structure this course in a way that will allow someone who’s never used UE4 to follow along and learn to navigate the interface as we progress, thus better using your time by avoiding interface specific lectures and allowing the knowledge to become more quickly ingrained via the practical use of everything you learn.
After covering some of the beginner level content and the interface is familiar the course will progress to cover some more in depth concepts behind Blueprinting and programming such as the powerful benefits inheritance can provide, randomisation and simple procedural generation.
By the end of this course you’ll have obtained an understanding of the entire development pipeline required to begin prototyping your own ideas. We start from an empty project and cover aspects including some of the ways you can import and adapt assets such as models and textures, techniques to pull content from other UE4 projects and how to implement audio and particle effects to your game.
For the best course offers and coupons always check my site.
Who this course is for:
- Anyone interested in learning to use UE4.
- Beginner to intermediate users of UE4.
- People looking to get into game development
15.5 hours on-demand video
Full lifetime access
Access on mobile and TV
Certificate of completion