What you'll learn:
- Write clean suites, specs and expectations.
- Isolate dependencies on units through test doubles (spies).
- Automate test runs through continuous integration from version control using a headless browser and a test runner.
- Set up jasmine as their unit testing framework from scratch.
- Configure setup and teardown for suites.
- Understand how matchers work in Jasmine.
- Write custom matchers and include them in your project.
- Consume third party matchers.
- Test asynchronous code.
- Run unit tests both from a web browser and from a terminal through a test runner.
- Generate code coverage reports.
- Improve dependency management through a package manager.
- NO knowledge of Jasmine or unit testing is required.
By the end of watching this course, you'll be able to:
Understand what is unit testing and why it is important in today's market.
Set up jasmine from scratch.
Write clean and concise suites, specs and specifications.
Understand and use all of the out-of-the-box jasmine matchers and create your custom ones and include them in your project.
Isolate dependencies through test-doubles, known as spies in Jasmine, for true unit testing.
Unit test asynchronous code.
Setup test reports and continuous integration from version control to automate your test runs.
Apply best practices when structuring your tests.
With this course, you'll get downloadable source code, slides and section notes.
This is a beginner and intermediate course.
You don't need previous experience with a testing framework at all. We've got you covered!
Promo video music license:
Adventures by A Himitsu - Creative Commons — Attribution 3.0 Unported— CC BY 3.0 Music released by Argofox - Music provided by Audio Library
Who this course is for:
- Beginner and intermediate front-end developers new to unit testing.
- Developers who want to improve theirs skills and take their careers to the next levels.
- Front-end developers who are familiar with unit testing with other frameworks but want to learn how to unit test with jasmine.
5.5 hours on-demand video
21 downloadable resources
Full lifetime access
Access on mobile and TV
Certificate of completion