Understanding Confluence for users, managers and admins
Everything you need to know to get started with Atlassian's powerful documentation and wiki tool.
- Understand Confluence's core features and how it works.
- Use Confluence more productively.
- Benefit from Confluence as a team leader or manager.
- Set Confluence up for your team or company as an administrator.
- While you don't have to have Confluence to watch this course, if you want to follow along you'll need at least a Confluence Cloud subscription from Atlassian.
This Introduction to Confluence course is intended to be to get you up to speed on how to be more productive and effective in Confluence. With almost 5 hours of content, we'll focus on the three main types of users in Confluence. The modules in this course are broken up for each of these types, so no matter which one you are you'll be able to quickly access the things you need.
In the second module, we'll look at Confluence from an end user's perspective. What are the key things you'll need to know as someone who's just using Confluence at your company? That's what we'll look at in the second module.
When you're a team leader or manager using Confluence, there's some things you can do to help your team be more effective. So we'll look at some of these things in the third module.
Finally, as a Confluence administrator there's a lot of ways you can help your company by setting them up for success in Confluence. In the fourth module, we'll look at JIRA from an administrator's perspective.
Now even though this course is organized for different types of users, I wanted to make it so no matter what type of user you are you'll benefit from watching all of it if you wanted. For example, even if you're only using Confluence as an end user you can find it beneficial to understand how Confluence workflows and processes work so you can "speak the language" when you're asking your Confluence administrator for something.
- This Confluence course is meant for three main types of people: Confluence users who want to be able to use it better. Team leaders and managers who want to take advantage of its features for their team and, finally, administrators who need to set Confluence up for their teams and companies.
- This Confluence course is NOT meant to be an end-all, one-stop-shop for everything you'll need to know to customize every feature in Confluence. There's just too many variables to include everything, so instead we're focusing on the core concepts and features to get you up to speed quickly.