UI Design Handoff to Development. Course for UX/UI Designer
In-depth guide to best file setup, tips & tricks to get your User Interface Design coded the right way (Figma & Sketch)
UI Design Handoff to Development. Course for UX/UI Designer udemy course free download:
What you'll learn:
An in-depth guide to professional file setup, tips & tricks to get your designs coded the way you imagined them to be.
- All the elements the developers need from you
- Get an overview of design & handoff tools
- Comparing Figma, Sketch + selected handoff tool (Zeplin, Abstract, InVision)
- If you should/could use InDesign, Illustrator, or Photoshop
- Advanced file setup and structure and helpers
- Setting up colour stylesheet
- Typography stylesheet
- Export Assets (images and vectors) in the right form and size
- Setting up Component Libraries and Specs
- Understanding responsive grids
- Setting up & documenting responsive and adaptive designs
- Creating flowcharts and prototypes for handoff
- Handoff with Figma the right way
- Handoff with Sketch/Figma + handoff tool (Zeplin)
- So, in short, at the end of this class, you will have the perfect setup for your design to get coded the way you imagined it to be. And your developers will probably love you this little bit more too.
- Basic knowledge of Sketch or Figma. Any other design software is also fine.
- Mac or PC
I remember handing off my first web design for development. I was super excited and spent hours getting everything perfect.
Discussing details back and forth with my client, and then sent it off and thought I was done.
And then I saw it in the browser. It did not look like what I imagined AT ALL!
I did not understand why the real thing looked so different from my designs.
I did not know why images were blurry on some screens and crisp on others.
I did not understand why my typography stuck together like chewing gum
I did not understand why everything was just a bit all over the place.
And I don't even want to mention what happened on different screen sizes.
And when I asked for advice on how to fix this, I got lost in translation. So I started reading and researching. I talked to other designers and developers. I tried out different tools and techniques that I would like to share with you.
This course is aimed at beginners in web design or advanced UI Designers, thriving to improve their handoff experience between design and development.
So in this class, we will learn about:
All the elements the developers need from you
Different design and handoff tools on the market to help you
Setting Stylesheets the best way
Export Assets in the right form and size
Setting up Component Libraries and Specs
Really understanding responsive grids and typography to make the right design decisions early on in your design process.
We will also look into how to share your Figma or Sketch designs with the development team in a professional manner.
So, in short, at the end of this class, you will have the perfect setup for your user interface design to get coded the way you imagined it to be. And your developers will probably love you this little bit more too.
MAC or a PC
1 Design project to work alongside (not essential)
Any design software. Ideally Sketch or Figma (Download for free)
Who this course is for:
- This course is aimed at medium to advanced level UI Designers, thriving to improve their handoff experience between design and development.
2 hours on-demand video
Full lifetime access
Access on mobile and TV
Certificate of completion