The Ultimate Guide to making a 2D strategy game in Unity
Game development & Game art/animation. Create a 2D turn by turn strategy game using Unity 2019, C# and Ps/Gimp.
The Ultimate Guide to making a 2D strategy game in Unity udemy course free download:
What you'll learn:
Create a local multiplayer 2D strategy game in Unity
- Understand on a deeper level the C# fundamentals
- Create 2D game art
- Animate 2D characters in Unity
- Make UI and sound effects
- Code tile based movement
- Code an attack/defense system
- Code a turn by turn system
- Buy & place units on a battlefield
Have Unity and some 2D application like Ps, Gimp, SketchPad or MS Paint installed on your computer.
- Before starting this course you should understand the basics of Unity. Like saving scenes, navigating the interface, using the three basic manipulation tools (Translate, Rotate and Scale), create prefabs and add and modify components inside of the inspector.
- You should have a strong understanding of the basics of C#, such as creating variables, modifying those and calling functions.
- Have a strong desire to learn, have fun and create awesome games !
In this game dev course, you'll learn how to make a 2D turn by turn strategy game using Unity, C#, and Photoshop (or a free alternative).
Here is a list of the keys things that you will learn by watching this course:
First of all, you'll gain a deeper understanding of what it takes to create an entire game from A to Z, from art to programming to sounds to game design! By the end of the course, you'll be able to make your very own 2D local multiplayer strategy games, which you can share with family and friends.
The game we will bring to life is simple, but will teach you the fundamentals of many tactic/strategy games such as turn by turn systems, attack & defense, moving characters on grid-like environments, placing units, gaining resources and more! All with the C# programming language- if you understand the basics of coding, then this is the perfect opportunity to gain a deeper understanding of those fundamentals (such as functions, arrays, vectors, if statements) and learn extra tips and tricks related to turn by turn games.
You'll also learn how to make your own game characters. Starting with sketching, inking, and coloring using a 2D art application like Photoshop (but most of what is taught can be done using free alternatives, such as Gimp or Krita).
We will also learn how to rig and animate those characters inside of Unity using a simple bone-based method.
There will also be tutorials on particle effects, sounds, game juice, and UI. Everything that is needed to make a game will be covered in well-edited, fun, engaging videos. This course will immerse you in the life of a game creator, as you go on an epic journey to bring your visions to life.
Why learn from us?
My brother and I created this course to share our passion for making games and help others bring their unique visions to life!
We've been teaching aspiring game developers how to use Unity, code with the C# programming language, and make game art and animations for over two years. Our tutorials have been viewed by thousands and are very popular, every day we get dozens of developers thanking us for helping them out on their own game dev journey!
We've not only made tons of tutorials but we've also created plenty of games using Unity, both 2D, and 3D, on Itch io, Newgrounds, and Steam.
So we know what it's like to create a complete, polished experience from A to Z, and really want to equip you with the right tools and knowledge so you can do the same!
Who this course is for:
- A beginner/intermediate game developer interested in learning how to create a fun, commercial quality 2D strategy game from A to Z using Unity and C#.
- This course is also for those curious about programming using C#.
- Someone wanting to learn how to draw and animate 2D game characters using a 2D application like Ps or Gimp and Unity.
- This course is NOT for complete beginners having never touched Unity or C#. You should have understood the basics of both Unity and C# if you wish to properly follow along and get the most out of this course.
3 hours on-demand video
Full lifetime access
Access on mobile and TV
Certificate of completion