The Fundamentals of Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
Explore and understand the Foundational Ideas, Principles and Core Practices of Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT).
- Discover why Cognitive Behaviour Therapy is so-called, how it has evolved and what techniques can be used for immediate results.
- Understand the essential cognitive-behavioural techniques in a way that you can envisage using them, and prepare to practice doing so.
- Upon completing the course, students will be able to use basic CBT principles to facilitate prompt changes in the perspective of others.
- At the end of the course, students will have an established understanding of how to communicate more effectively with all types of people.
- Students will leave this course understanding the inherent connection between thoughts, emotions, beliefs and human behaviour.
- Students will leave this course with a good understanding of how basic Cognitive Behaviour Therapy principles can be applied in day-to-day life.
- IMMEDIATE ACTION: Put the various Fundamentals of CBT resources that are provided within the course into practice with others right away.
- PLUS: Get access to our excellent online peer support community where you can practice your newfound CBT skills immediately!
- No prior knowledge of Cognitive Behavioural Therapy is required to enrol in this course, making it ideal for those who are just starting out in this exciting career field.
- Many self-reflective ideas are presented throughout the course, and as such students are encouraged to undertake personal journaling (this is for self-reflection only and isn't required for submission).
- Complete this 'easy to follow' course at your own pace and in your own time. We advise that you allow up to 2 weeks to achieve.
- You can study from the comfort of your own home, favourite cafe, or anywhere and at any time. You can access your Fundamentals of Cognitive Behavioural Therapy lessons from your smartphone, tablet or computer.
- Previous knowledge of CBT is not required to attend this course, however before reading around the subject will prove beneficial.
Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) is a modern form of talking therapy that can help you change the way you think, process life's events and consequentially behave. CBT has historically been used to help people deal with their emotional problems, while also allowing it's students to understand people better.
This fundamentals of CBT training course will enable you to gain a good understanding of the main presuppositions, theories and principles that underpin Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (CBT) as a science, and in a way that's easy to understand and even easier to apply.
CBT is an excellent set of life teachings for people of all backgrounds and professions to tap into, both personally and professionally. Based on the most tried and tested scientific research, CBT has a track record of helping people to better understand themselves from the inside-out.
The three sections in this course will help you to better understand how CBT works, by including a range of exercises that you can try for yourself (or with others) right away. Once practised and mastered, most people recognise that they already apply CBT principles in almost all areas of their life.
This course explores the background of CBT, the main ideas and techniques that have earned this form of talking therapy unprecedented respect from thousands of helping professionals from all corners of the globe.
Students who enrol in this course can realistically expect to:
Know the origins and main concepts of Cognitive Behavioural Therapy.
Understand the nature of fears, anxieties and other negative emotions.
Realise how unhealthy beliefs will impact a person's feelings & actions.
Use the CBT communication model to improve your current relationships.
How to change negative emotions or behaviours using CBT ABC language.
Identify how to apply appropriate CBT interventions in specific situations.
Understand how CBT skills can be applied to a wide range of social issues.
Understand the framework required for becoming a CBT Practitioner.
And Much, Much more ...
Past students have applauded the insights they gained into the emotional reactions people have to their own thought patterns, and the role CBT can have in reducing distress, anxiety and depression. Training will involve a combination of video lectures, demonstration and forum based discussion.
While this is appropriate for studying personal experience as understood in CBT theory and practice, the core teachings are less about the dissemination of facts, and more about students developing a better understanding of people, relationships and the human mind.
This course is one of the approved CBT training courses within Achology (the Academy for Modern Applied Psychology). On completion of the course, you can also apply for Professional Membership within Achology which contains active course discussion forums and an extensive range of other useful training resources.
By the end of the course, you will understand the Fundamental ideas and models that top Cognitive Behavioural Therapy Practitioners use to facilitate positive change, in both themselves and the clients whom they serve.
The Fundamentals of CBT course contains critical elements from some of the main schools of psychological thought, and students who are less than fully satisfied with the class are welcome to claim a full refund within 30 days of purchase.
- This course is ideal for those who are new to the field of Cognitive Behavioural Therapy.
- Those who are thinking about studying a full CBT Practitioner course and want a basic understanding of the life science.
- This course is suitable for trainees wishing to refresh their CBT knowledge and skills, or, existing practitioners with a basic CBT training.
- Vocations that require a form of pastoral care; i.e. teachers, doctors, therapists, nurses, social workers & health care professionals who guide other people towards progressing in life
- This training course is also ideally suited to those who want an in-depth personal or professional development experience.
- CBT Practitioners commonly consist of alternative therapists, teachers, management, leadership teams, parents or and individuals who are passionate about people and wants to help others achieve more meaningful results in life.
- This fundamentals of CBT course is designed for those who provide any form of support to people who suffer from any expression of mental or emotional difficulty. It is intended as an introductory course, aimed at getting people established in a basic understanding of CBT ideologies.