The Complete SQL Server For Beginners
The ultimate practical guide to master SQL Server as a developer (Downloadable SQL Scripts Included).
What you'll learn:
- Install SQL Server and Management Studio.
- Understand basics of cloud databases.
- Create SQL Server instances on Microsoft Azure.
- Create SQL Server instances on AWS (Amazon Web Services).
- Connect Management Studio to your cloud databases.
- Create SQL databases and schemas.
- Create and manage users in database.
- Install AdventureWorks database.
- Create tables using SQL script.
- Create tables using Management Studio.
- Learn about different data types available in SQL Server.
- Applying different constraints.
- Create primary keys, foreign keys and composite keys.
- Design relational databases and create relationships between tables.
- Generate Entity Relationship Diagram (ERD).
- Import and Export Data using Management Studio.
- Create tables using Import Wizard.
- Work with select statement.
- Filter data using where clause.
- Work with and, or, not operators.
- Use like operator and wildcards.
- Enhance your data selection using (In and between)
- How to select distinct column only.
- How to work with union and intersect, except operators.
- Work with case statement.
- Enhancing your data selection with subqueries.
- Applying aggregate functions (Min, Max, Avg, Sum, Count)
- Group table records using group by keyword.
- Filter grouped records using having keyword.
- Integrating aggregate functions with group by and having keywords.
- Understand what is DML and DDL.
- Add new records using insert statement.
- Delete records using delete statement.
- Update records using update statement.
- Generate SQL scripts using Management Studio.
- Create inner joins, left outer joins and right outer joins.
- How to create multiple joins in one SQL query.
- Create views using SQL Script.
- Create views using Management.
- Create a small human resources databases.
- Perform different SQL statements on the human resources database.
- Understand what is T-SQL.
- Working with Stored procedures.
- How to create a stored procedures with parameters.
- Setting default value for stored procedure parameters.
- How to use built-in string functions (CharIndex, Replace, Substring, Concat, Upper, Lower and Reverse).
- How to use built-in date functions (GetDate, DateAdd, DateDiff and DateName).
- How to use built-in numeric functions (Round, Ceiling, Floor, Abs, Rand and Sign).
- SQL Server Developer Edition (Free)
- Management Studio (Free)
Welcome to the Complete SQL Server For Beginners Course, The ultimate practical guide to master SQL Server for developers.
This course will start with you from zero level experience in SQL databases, starting to level up as we are going through the course. explaining all the questions you maybe asking yourself such as
What is a relational database? what is SQL Server? what is a cloud database?
This course will guide you how to install SQL Server on a local machine step by step and even how to create your own cloud databases on the most required cloud services providers in the market...AWS (Amazon Web Services) and Microsoft Azure.
You will learn what is meant by concepts like DBaaS and Amazon Relational Database Service (RDS)
After you learn the basic concepts of the SQL and relational databases and how to install it on a machine and on the cloud, now it will be about time to dive deeper into the world of SQL databases and learn :
How create databases and schemas.
How create tables and views.
Understand all the big concepts like DML, DDL, T-SQL and DBaaS.
You will learn how to create users to access your database based on specific permissions you gave them.
How to create different constraints.
Create primary keys, foreign keys and composite keys.
How to export and import a bulk of data in and out of your database.
How to retrieve data from your database using select statement.
How to filter data using where clause.
How to use aggregate functions (Sum, Min, Max..etc).
Learn how to use group by and having with aggregate functions.
How to use case statement.
How to use the keywords like between, in, distinct and percent.
Understand how to create subqueries.
How to manipulate data using Insert, update, delete statements.
How to use joins to link two tables or more together.
How to design complex database relations.
How to create different stored procedures to perform different jobs.
You will learn how to use string functions such as replace, substring, CharIndex and more.
How to use the powerful date functions in sql server such as DateAdd, DateDiff and more.
You will learn how to use the numeric functions such as round, ceiling, floor and more.
You will be designing a small human resources database from scratch, and we will also work with the AdventureWorks database. AdventureWorks Database is a Microsoft product sample. The AdventureWorks Database supports a fictitious, multinational manufacturing company called Adventure Works Cycles. You will learn how to install AdventureWorks database onto your database server and we are going to perform different sql queries and statements on both HumanResources and AdventureWorks.
You will learn how to increase your productivity with relational databases using joins and views, you will be creating inner joins, left outer joins and right outer joins.
You will have the chances to create joins in two different ways, first using SQL script and you will learn how to do this step by step, and visually using the management studio features which allows you to create joins much faster and easier.
With over 30 real world exercises to help you practice and learn more about almost each major topic in the course, I am going to solve all of the exercises with you while giving you some time to try to solve it on your own.
All the SQL scripts I will be using in this course are available for you to download anytime.
Give your CV a huge boost by mastering the SQL server with the Complete SQL Server for Beginners course, do not hesitate enrolling.
Who this course is for:
- Complete beginners, no prior experience is required.
- Anyone looking for a course to refresh and incredibly increase their SQL knowledge.
- People who are looking for a career change.
- Anyone want to learn relational databases and SQL Server and be familiar with SQL syntax.
- Developers looking for a huge boost in CV.
9 hours on-demand video
80 downloadable resources
Full lifetime access
Access on mobile and TV
Certificate of completion