The Board Game Developer: Become A Game Design Ninja
Learn the principles of game design and game development fundamentals by developing board games
What you'll learn:
- Learn game design theory and apply it in a practical way to developing engaging board games
- Create / prototype your own board games as practice challenges throughout the course
- Be able to create a compelling experience for your players
- Quickly iterate and improve your game's design
- Be able to self-publish and publicly launch your own board game
- Come up with new board game design ideas and execute thoroughly on those ideas
- A love of playing games of all kinds and interest in being a better game designer
- A desire to keep evolving a game idea until it snaps into life
- Some prototyping tools will be useful such as dice (physical or virtual), and pens, paper and scissors.
Want to learn how to be a better game designer by applying the principles of game design to board games? Learn pure game design with no game engine, framework or anything else. Just pencil and paper!
Do you have a great idea for a board game and need to know how to make it work? Do you have some ultra smart mechanics but need to figure out the perfect theme? Are you stuck trying to figure out where designers get their ideas from?
You're in the right place! We're here to help you communicate your game design into an excellent player experience.
Starting from first principles and using fun projects we'll help you to make board games from scratch. You'll be having fun with your friends in just a few hours, and who knows - you may just make the next smash hit game.
Looking to create digital games? Check-out our other courses, just follow the green leaf.
Who this course is for:
- Budding board game designers
- Video game designers who want to improve their games by having a stronger understanding of game design principles
- People excited to turn their love of play into new and wonderful board games!