Technical Report Writing
An interactive course that focuses on practical skills. Taught by a leading Psychologist, University Lecturer & Author
Technical Report Writing udemy course free download:
What you'll learn:
How to write a professional technical report
Grammar, readability and writing in plain English
Drafting, structure, language, layout, design and production
none, but suitable for graduates and students
Many professionals have difficulty in expressing ideas on paper which means that useful concepts may never be fully understood or valued. Effective report writing, the exchange of information, views, opinions, and decisions between people at all levels, internally and externally, make a vital contribution to organisational success.
This 17 session course aims to present a comprehensive overview of the essential elements of effective technical report writing and help delegates develop the practical skills required to write successfully, for an internal or external audience. It will teach the fundamental skills for technical report writing.
There are many downloadable resources provided including book chapters, quizzes, forms, activities, links and PowerPoint slides.
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
1. Appreciate the importance of technical writing skills necessary in a professional context
2. Understand the stages in the preparation process of technical reports
3. Demonstrate the ability to pitch technical reports at the level appropriate to the intended audience/reader
4. Identify the essential features of reports, including format, linguistic and grammatical accuracy along with the choice and application of graphics
5. Apply the above principles to the production of effective professional, technical reports
Who this course is for:
- This course is suitable for anyone who writes technical reports
- You could be a new graduate, a student or a professional who needs to refresh your skills
- If you have struggled to prepare a professional technical report that demonstrates your professionalism, this is the course for you.
2.5 hours on-demand video
21 downloadable resources
Full lifetime access
Access on mobile and TV
Certificate of completion