SQL Server Essentials, from Scratch
Step-by-Step Beginner's Training Course in SQL Server. No prior database knowledge is needed.
What you'll learn:
- By the end of the course, you will have a foundation in SQL Server and the vocabulary and understanding to talk about and use SQL Server with confidence.
- You will know how to navigate SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS) to find database objects and business data.
- You will understand how to take advantage of Management Studio to make you work faster and more efficient.
- You will understand the different pieces in SQL Server. Including, Tables, Views, Stored Procedures, Security, Backups, Indexes and Schemas to help you talk to DBA's, Programmers, IT and to sound smart when you are speaking about databases.
- You will know how to write SQL statements to CREATE, Retrieve, Update, and Delete data.
- You will be able to create basic Views and Stored Procedures.
- You will be able to Filter, Join, Sort, and Group data.
- You will be able to create basic Views, Stored Procedures, and Functions.
- You will have foundational knowledge in Security, Backups, and Indexes
- You will understand how all of these pieces work together in a database.
- PC (Desktop or Laptop)
- SQL Server Express (FREE Edition)
- Browser and Internet Connection
You learned a little SQL, but you are ready to take the next step and really understand how databases work. Or maybe you are a complete beginner. Here’s a little secret. It’s not that complicated. That’s right. Databases are actually a very simple concept that starts with a simple Table just like a spreadsheet in Excel. Everything else in the database is built around this little concept of a table.
With a little SQL Server knowledge, you can retrieve data yourself. You can automate your reporting. You can help management find information and troubl
13.5 hours on-demand video
40 downloadable resources
Full lifetime access
Access on mobile and TV
Certificate of completion