Sales Analysis for Management Consultants
Practical guide how to improve sales and marketing of your customers during consulting projects like McKinsey, BCG, Bain
- Analyze sales and marketing in different industries
- Improve sales force efficiency
- Increase profits by optimizing sales and marketing
- Calculate in Excel the potential impact of proposed changes
- Apply improvement techniques to other fields and industries
- Improve sales in Retail, FMCG, B2B service, B2C services
- Basic or intermediate Excel
- Basic knowledge of economics or finance
What is the aim of this course?
This course will help you drastically improve your knowledge and skills in improving and developing sales and marketing through a series of practical cases. It is designed for people who want to become management consultants, business analysts or have to run and optimize sales and marketing on daily bases. In the course you will learn 3 things:
- How to understand main challenges in sales and marketing
- How to improve sales and marketing in order to increase margin and profit
- Where to look for savings and improvements, how to calculate potential savings in Excel and implement them
The course is based on my 14 years of experience as a consultant in top consulting companies and as a Board Member responsible for strategy, improvement and turn-arounds in biggest companies from Retail, FMCG, SMG, B2B and services sector that I worked for. On many occasions I had to optimize also sales and marketing of the businesses I was responsible for. On the basis of what you will find in this course I have trained over 100 consultants, business analysts and managers who now are Sales and Marketing Directors, Operational Directors, COO, Investment Directors, Directors in Consulting Companies, Board Members etc. On top of that my courses on Udemy were already taken by more than 29 000 students.
I teach through cases, so most of the lectures are case studies showing some business problems solved in Excel. There will be also overview of main challenges in sales and marketing for each business model. To every lecture you will find attached (in additional resources) the Excels shown in the lecture so as a part of this course you will also get a library of ready-made analyses that can, with certain modification, be applied by you in your work.
Why I decided to create this course?
Sales and marketing differs drastically in every company and it usually takes a management consultant a lot of time to learn and understand the business during a consulting project. By giving you exposure to real life cases and analyses I want to improve your awareness and skills in analyzing complex sales and marketing analysis. Thanks to this course, you will know what and how to do during a consulting project devoted to sales and marketing area.
To sum it up, I believe that if you want to build or to find improvements in any business you should master techniques related to analyzing and optimizing sales and marketing. That is why. I highly recommend this course not only to consultants or business analyst that have to advice their customer but also to owners, founders of businesses as well as sales managers and directors.
In what way will you benefit from this course?
The course is a practical, step by step guide loaded with tones of analyses, tricks, hints that will significantly improve the speed with which you find and analyze sales and marketing. There is little theory – mainly examples, a lot of tips from my own experience as well as other notable examples worth mentioning. Our intention is that thanks to the course you will learn:
- How to understand sales and marketing in different business models
- How to optimize it
- Where to look for savings and improvements
- How to calculate the impact of proposed changes in Excel
You can also ask me any question either through the discussion field or by messaging me directly.
How the course is organized?
The course is divided currently in 5 sections and I will be adding new sections to address other important issues. Currently you will find the following sections:
- Introduction. We begin with little intro into the course as well as some general info on production
- FMCG . In the second section I will discuss main challenges in sales and marketing in FMCG. We will also go through a number of cases and business analyses devoted to sales and marketing in FMCG. Our cases will be from cosmetics, food industry and will show you how to analyze motivation / bonus system, how to analyze the efficiency of sales force, how to estimate potential growth in specific regions and many more.
- Retail . In this section will discuss main challenges in sales and marketing in Retail. We will also go through a number of cases and business analyses devoted to sales and marketing in Retail that will help you immensely during consulting project.
- B2B Services. In the 4###sup/sup### section I will discuss main challenges in sales and marketing in B2B Services. We will also go through a number of cases and business analyses devoted to sales and marketing in B2B Services. We will go through many cases including consulting, analytical services, aircraft maintenance.
- B2C Services. In this section I will discuss main challenges in sales and marketing in B2B services. We will also go through a number of cases and business analyses devoted to sales and marketing in B2C Services. The case will be from restaurant chain, beauty salon chain and others. I will show you how to check whether new product introduction make sense, how to increase profits by 10% and other cases
I will be adding new sections and lectures in the coming months
You will be able also to download many additional resources
- Excels with analyses shown in the course
- Presentation of slides show in the course
- Links to additional presentations and movies
- Links to books worth reading
- Management Consultants
- Business Analysts
- Small and medium business owners
- Startups founders
- Sales Managers