Preventing and Surviving an Active Shooter Incident
Active Shooter/Violent Intruder Prevention and Response
Preventing and Surviving an Active Shooter Incident udemy course free download:
What you'll learn:
- You will learn methods and practices to prevent and respond to an active shooter/violent intruder incident that can stop violence before it starts or increase your chances of survival should the unthinkable happen.
- No single approach will guarantee survival but used together the concepts taught in this course can greatly increase survivability.
- You will learn how to develop the right mindset to be prepared for an active shooter/violent intruder incident.
- You will learn who commonly perpetrates active shooter/violent intruder incidents and how to identify if someone is a potential threat.
- You will learn seven different survival strategies and when and how to use these strategies.
- You will learn tactical tips for how to use the materials at hand to protect yourself.
- You will learn how police respond to active shooter/violent intruder incidents and how you can most effectively aid first responders.
- There are no prerequisites for this course.
Sadly, active shooter/violent intruder incidents are a common occurrence in our modern society. These incidents take place in our offices, our schools, our places of worship, and our communities. While it is unlikely that you will ever be in one of these incidents, it is important to prepare and know what you will do should the unthinkable happen. Having the right mindset is critical to increasing your chances of survival and building awareness and preparation in your community.
In this course, Kerry Harris, a co-founder of National Violent Intruder Preparedness Solutions and retired law enforcement veteran with over 30 years of experience, will teach methods and practices for preventing and responding to violent intruder incidents.
In this course, you will learn:
Who perpetrates active shooter/violent intruder incidents and how to identify if someone is a potential threat.
How police respond to these incidents so that you are prepared to give first responders the most accurate and timely information.
Strategies you can use to survive in the event of a violent intruder incident, such as prevention, announcing and updating, evading and escaping, locking down, defusing and de-escalating, distracting and disrupting, and resisting.
Tactical tips for how you can use materials at hand to shelter and protect yourself.
You need not have a law enforcement background to take the right action in an active shooter/violent intruder incident and save yourself and others. Ordinary people have taken extraordinary actions and made a difference to save lives in violent intruder incidents. Use this course to build awareness and prepare so you can make a difference.
Who this course is for:
- Adults who want to learn how to prevent and respond to active shooter/violent intruder incidents.
- Businesses that want to create a safer working environment for their employees will benefit from this course as it teaches both prevention and response to active shooter/violent intruder incidents.
- Adults who want to learn effective options for responding to an active shooter/violent intruder, that can increase their chances of survival.