Pilates: Mat Pilates Sequence Beginner to Advanced
Pilates will transform your body, improve your posture, health & wellbeing, core strength, mobility and flexibility
- The fundamental foundations of Pilates: neutral position, thoracic breathing and ideal postural alignment
- How and when to breathe and correct alignment for each exercise correctly
- The Principles of Pilates and how to apply them to the exercises to make each exercise more effective and safe
- The exercises suitable for beginner, intermediate and advanced levels: how to modify and progress
- The complete Classical Pilates Mat sequences for each level
- The history, the benefits and basic anatomy & physiology to enhance understanding
- No prior knowledge of Pilates is necessary as the course teaches everything from the basic beginner fundamentals to the most advanced exercises.
- A mat that will give sufficient cushioning for the spine is necessary and a small towel, a blanket and a yoga block are also useful.
This course will teach you the Classical Mat Pilates sequence from complete beginner to advanced level. You will start by learning the fundamentals (neutral position, correct breathing, where the core muscles are and how to engage them) and move through short classes to prepare you for the sequence. In a short time you will feel the incredible benefits Pilates offers.
"A few well-designed movements, properly performed in a balanced sequence, are worth hours of doing sloppy calisthenics or forced contortion." Joseph Pilates
This course is summed up so well in this quote. I have seen clients transform their bodies in a few short months by following the complete Pilates Classical Mat sequence. Although the physical changes are astonishing in such a short time, the benefits to their health are equally amazing: -
Most become more body aware within 3 classes
Chronic back pain disappears
Energy levels are enhanced
Flexibility and Mobility increase
Sports injuries are less frequent
Clients report that they feel calmer and less stressed
Flat abs, strong back and that long, lean look that Pilates gives
Improved bone density
Better control of the pelvic floor
Pilates is THE BEST preparation for pregnancy and can really help with recovery
Anyone can do Pilates: you don't have to be young or a contortionist: the age range for my clients are from 18 to 84 years of age and once you have learned the sequence, you have it for life.
This course consists of a Pilates Guide booklet in PDF format;
11 hours of videos: workshops, classes for beginner, intermediate and advanced
The complete matwork sequence suitable for that level.
The workshops teach the basics of Pilates and so this is where you start and refer back anytime you need a reminder. You will learn
Neutral position, the ideal alignment for pelvis and spine
Thoracic (lateral) breathing
How to locate the core muscles and engage them
Drills to strengthen the core muscles
How to set up correctly and prepare for each exercise
How and when to breathe and how breathing can progress exercises
The Principles of Pilates which will take your practice to a new level
The classes teach you all the exercises you will need for the Mat sequence and each prepares you for the next.
"Great instructor. The exercises evolve naturally in difficulty. Timely and clear cues." 5* review from Katarina, a student
You should practice each class until you feel comfortable to move on. The sequence should be repeated at least 10 times, every other day. You will then be ready to move on to the next level.
It is possible to complete this course within 3 months for the fit and injury free; 5 to 6 months is achievable for most people.
"With her gentle voice, clear instructions and perfect pacing, Josie takes us through beginner, intermediate and advanced lessons. Her prompts and self-check reminders seem to come exactly when needed. There are ample opportunities to practice and progress at each level, and will benefit all ages and body types." 5* review from Susan Pav
"In 10 sessions you will feel the difference. In 20 you will see the difference. And in 30 you will have a whole new body." Joseph Pilates
- Whether you are a complete Pilates beginner or want to further your practice to a more advanced level, this course is for you.
- The complete matwork sequence is perfectly balanced for strength, flexibility and mobility and is excellent for athletes and sports enthusiasts who wish to avoid injury
- For anyone who finds it difficult to get to classes regularly (those who travel, shift workers, mums with small children for example), this course gives you a complete mind/body workout.
- Pilates is an excellent way to avoid back problems and help manage and improve chronic non-specific back pain.
- This course is not suitable for anyone suffering with osteoporosis as flexion and rotation are normally not recommended.
- Although Pilates is extremely good preparation for pregnancy and recovery, this course is NOT suitable for someone who is pregnant as some of the exercises are contra-indicated
- For those in general good health who do not have any specific back problem or health issue which would make Pilates contraindicated.