Pathfinding in Unity
implementing A* search and graph search algorithms in Unity
What you'll learn:
- Understand the fundamentals of graph search algorithms
- Implement your own basic version of A*
- Unity 3D version 2017 or above (personal FREE edition)
- Mac or PC
- OPTIONAL Photoshop or image-editing program to customize level data
This course is designed for intermediate users of Unity (see the Prerequisites for specific topics you should be familiar with before joining).
Though Unity comes pre-packaged with an excellent pathfinding system, we explore beyond using a black box to calculate paths through your game levels.
Pathfinding and search algorithms are a core component of game development. If you want to level up your skills, enroll today and dive into implementing your own version of A* search!
Through a carefully crafted set of lectures we learn search algorithms, starting with Breadth-First Search, diving in Dijkstra's algorithm and culminating with the industry-standard A* search for pathfinding.
All concepts are presented with easy-to-understand visuals!
Some other bonus features of those course:
- learn to use text files or texture maps to drive level data in Unity
- learn how to implement a priority queue (binary heap) in C#
- learn to structure a small project using the MVC(Model View Controller) design pattern
Who this course is for:
- intermediate Unity developers with good working knowledge of C#
- anyone who wants to implement graph search algorithms in Unity
4.5 hours on-demand video
31 downloadable resources
Full lifetime access
Access on mobile and TV
Certificate of completion