Mortgage Backed Securities
An introduction to MBS, pass-through securities, and CMO's, with details to help understand MBS and how they work.
- To explain what mortgage backed securities (MBS) are and how they are structured.
- To discuss the pricing and trading of MBS.
- To describe what are pass-through securities, their risks, and how prices & yields are calculated for these instruments.
- To understand collateralized mortgage obligations (CMOs), their purpose and use, and how the market functions for these products.
- Knowledge of the English language.
- Participants are expected to have basic math knowledge coming into this course.
- A financial calculator is recommended to get the most out of this course.
This course will introduce you to a variety of the more commonly-encountered types of mortgage-backed securities, pass-through securities, and CMO's, as well as a lot of the concepts used to assess the attractiveness of mortgage-backed securities and a lot of the details to help understand mortgage-backed securities and how they work.
This course contains 21 lectures among 4 sections:
- Introduction to Mortgages and Mortgage Backed Securities
- Pass Through Securities
- Analysis of Pass Through Securities
- Collateralized Mortgage Obligations
- Analysts and associates in commercial, corporate and investment banking.