Model and Texture a Stylized Dungeon for Games
Learn the skills to create amazing models and textures to build a stylized environment from start to finish!
Model and Texture a Stylized Dungeon for Games udemy course free download:
What you'll learn:
- Model and sculpt stylized assets for games
- Define and paint stylized materials like metal, stone, and wood
- Sculpt and bake normal maps from a high poly asset down to a low poly object
- Create Tileable textures using ZBrush and Photoshop
- Any recent version of Maya or 3ds Max (The course uses Maya LT, but a modern 3d modeling app and an understanding is needed)
- Any recent version of Photoshop (CC is used in the course)
- ZBrush 4R7, or any version that includes Dynamesh
In this course we will be going through the process of creating a small stylized dungeon environment from the blockout stage to the final presentation. I will be guiding you through the process of modeling the low poly assets and show you different techniques of UVing. We will then take our assets into ZBrush where I will be showing how to define all the materials that you will find in this environment. We will use some of the ZBrush sculpts to render tiling texture flats that we can composite in Photoshop. I will then be guiding you through the process of painting the textures for a few assets so you can reproduce this process for the remaining models. Finally, we are going to set up a scene in Marmoset for the final presentation. By the end of this course, you should be able to create and understand the workflow that I use to create stylized environments like this one.
(Students - please look under Section 1 / Lecture 1 downloads for the source files associated with the lesson.)
More about the Instructor:
Tobias Koepp is an accomplished environment artist in the games industry. He started his career as a student in the Netherlands where he had the chance to work as an intern at Guerilla Games for about half a year. He is now currently working on his first full-time job as a 3D artist at an outsourcing studio in Spain. I’ve always been fascinated by hand painted and stylized art and work hard to turn this passion into a job.
Who this course is for:
- This course is for students that have a basic understanding of modeling, sculpting, and texturing that want to bring their stylized workflow to the next level. It’s also meant for those who have only purely painted their textures without using any normal map baking and will introduce this to their workflow.
- This course is not for people who expect a realistic-styled approach to the creation of an environment, as this will not be covered in this course.
6.5 hours on-demand video
4 downloadable resources
Full lifetime access
Access on mobile and TV
Certificate of completion