Making an Action-Adventure Game Using GameMaker Studio 2
Build a feature-rich 2D game while learning the best of GameMaker Language!
What you'll learn:
- Build and code your games all by yourself
- Data structures and inventory
- Day-night cycle and lighting
- Dynamic textboxes
- Much more!
- GameMaker Studio 2
Hello there! Welcome to my course.
♦ About me ♦
I'm Gurpreet Singh, a 2D indie game developer and instructor. I have years of experience in making games in GameMaker Studio 2 and I want to teach you all of that through this course.
♦ About the course ♦
This course is all about creating a 2D action-adventure game with GameMaker Studio 2, from the ground up.
You'll learn a lot of advanced coding using GameMaker Language. Here are a few examples of what we'll go through:
• Data structures
• Auto-tiling and tile collisions
• Finite state machines
• NPC movement and textboxes
• Making houses and going inside them
• Saving your game and loading it
• A day-night cycle using blend modes
• And much more!
To check out what the game is like, make sure to watch the video above.
♦ More about the course ♦
This course is beginner-friendly, however it also contains advanced concepts. It is beginner-friendly in the sense that I explain everything I do so that no one feels lost. The advanced concepts allow you to do more in GameMaker. So, you can take this course regardless of your skill level!
The style by which I teach is to-the-point without any filler or unnecessary talking. I get things done quickly while explaining stuff comprehensively.
♦ Support ♦
Once you're in the course, you can download the project so that you can import it into GameMaker Studio 2 and have a look at all the code.
You can also download all the sprites, scripts and sounds used in the game.
I'll answer any questions you have whenever you hit me up.
So join in, and I'll meet you in the course!
Who this course is for:
- Anyone who wants to learn how to build feature-rich games using GameMaker Studio 2
- Anyone who wants to improve their GameMaker Language skills by learning advanced concepts
2.5 hours on-demand video
1 downloadable resource
Full lifetime access
Access on mobile and TV
Certificate of completion