Make Your First 2D Game with Unity & C# - Beginner Course
Beginner Course to Game Development : Learn how to use Unity and Program in C# by Making a Small 2D Game from A to Z.
What you'll learn:
- Learn the C# fundamentals.
- Solve fun programming challenges.
- Learn the core features of the Unity game engine.
- Create a simple game in Unity from A to Z.
- Make game art and animations.
- Make simple UI and add sounds and music to your game.
- Have a PC or MAC
- (Optional) Have a drawing tablet to make art for your game. If not you can make pixel art with your mouse, download the project files or use simple geometric shapes.
In this game development course you'll learn how to make your first game using the Unity game engine and the C# programming language.
Here is a list of the keys things that you will learn by watching this course :
First of all you'll have a very good understanding of the basics of Unity once you've finished this course : you'll know how to navigate its interface, create objects, manipulate those, use the prefab system and lots more.
You'll learn all about the C# fundamentals, in other words understand what are variables, functions, arrays, loops, conditionals and a wealth of other key programming tools. You'll also be given challenges so that you don't only copy what we do but gain a much deeper understanding of this amazing programming language.
Once we've covered the basics of both Unity and C# we'll create an entire game : Raining Apocalypse !
There we will learn how to make simple game art using a 2D drawing application of your choice like Ps or Gimp, and how to rig and animate your 2D characters in Unity.
Create a simple player controller, falling hazards and a spawning system in C#.
Learn how to use Unity's UI to make an awesome main menu, game over screen and to display the player's health.
Learn how to add cool sounds and music to your game.
And of course, publish your game on Itch io for the world to play and enjoy :) !
Why learn from us ?
Me and my brother created this course to share our passion for making games and help others bring their unique visions to life !
We've been teaching aspiring game developers how to use Unity, code with the C# programming language and make game art and animations. Our tutorials have been viewed by thousands and are very popular, every day we get dozens of developers thanking us for helping them out on their own game dev journey !
We've not only made tons of tutorials but we've also created plenty games using Unity, both 2D and 3D !
So we know what it's like to create a complete, polished experience from A to Z, and really want to equip you with the right tools and knowledge so you can do the same !
Who this course is for:
- Absolute beginner wanting to learn how to make games with Unity.
- Or a beginner who already knows a little about game development, but who wants to acquire a stronger understanding of the C# fundamentals and what it takes to make a whole game from A to Z using Unity.
4 hours on-demand video
Full lifetime access
Access on mobile and TV
Certificate of completion