Linux Security and Hardening, The Practical Security Guide.
Secure any Linux server from hackers & protect it against hacking. The practical Linux Administration security guide.
What you'll learn:
- By the end of this course you will be able to harden a Linux system, reduce its surface of vulnerability, and reduce the risk of your Linux system being hacked or compromised.
- A basic understanding of the Linux operating system. Please consider taking "Learn Linux in 5 Days" before taking this course.
JOIN THE OTHER 40,000 SUCCESSFUL STUDENTS WHO HAVE ALREADY MASTERED THE LINUX OPERATING SYSTEM WITH ONE OF MY TOP RATED COURSES!
Keep yourself and your company out of the news by protecting your Linux systems from hackers, crackers, and attackers!
This course will not only teach you the security concepts and guidelines that will keep your Linux servers safe, it will walk you through hardening measures step-by-step.
Hello. My name is Jason Cannon and I'm the author of Linux Administration, the founder of the Linux Training Academy, and an instructor to thousands of satisfied students. I started my IT career in the late 1990's as a Unix and Linux System Engineer. I've worked for many technology companies who take information security seriously. I've even worked for security firms such as Mandiant and FireEye. I'll be sharing my real-world Linux security experience with you throughout this course.
By the end of this course you will be able to tighten up the security on any Linux system. You'll learn the security weaknesses of the Linux operating system and be given step-by-step instructions on how to protect those weaknesses. You'll even learn some security concepts that apply to information security as a whole while focusing on the Linux specific issues that require special consideration.
What People Are Saying About Jason and his Courses:
"Excellent course on Linux! It is the best way to get started using Linux that I have come across." --Chris Bischoff, Udemy student
"This class was a great review of the 2 Linux classes I took in school. I learned plenty of new stuff and got a great refresher on things I haven't used in some time. I did well on my interview and got the job I was looking for. Thanks!" --Alan Derrick, Udemy student
"This was a great course! Learned a lot from it!" --Ricardo José Crosara Junior, Udemy student
"Excellent starter course. Very good and complete guide to get you started on working on Linux." --Brian Mulder, Udemy student
"Great course! Easy to understand for beginners and a great refresher for experienced users!" --Spencer Ball, Udemy student
"Very well laid out course. Thanks Jason!" --Eric Etheredge, Udemy student
"Love it... it's absolutely one of the best courses I've taken here on Udemy." --Idriss N, Udemy student
"Awesome Course! Another great one. Thanks Jason!" --John Wilmont, Udemy student
"Excellent Course! Having come from a moderate understanding of Linux, this course has given me a deeper and more streamlined understanding of Linux. Definitely worth the money." --Armando Cabrera, Udemy student
"Fantastic course and very beautifully explained." --S John, Udemy student
"Great course, great instructor. I enjoyed every minute of it. I recommend this course 100%." --Alfredo, Udemy student
"I am lovin' it. Nice way to begin one's journey into Linux." --Rohit Gupta, Udemy student
Here is just some of what you will learn by taking this Linux Security and Hardening course:
- How to protect your Linux systems against hackers.
- Ways to prevent attackers from breaking into your systems, even when they have physical access to your machine.
- How to enforce strong password policies and control password as well as account aging policies on your Linux servers.
- SSH Hardening practices.
- Network security tactics.
- Port scanning and network service detection.
- How the Linux firewall works and exactly how to configure it.
- How to protect the superuser (root) account.
- Ways to share accounts securely with an audit trail.
- File system security and encryption.
- Using and configuring sudo, and why you need to.
- Advanced Linux permissions include special modes, file attributes, and access control lists (ACLs).
- Much, much more!
- Unconditional Udemy 30 day money-back guarantee - that's my personal promise of your success!
What you learn in course applies to any Linux environment or distribution including Ubuntu, Debian, Linux Mint, RedHat, CentOS, Fedora, OpenSUSE, Slackware, Kali Linux and more.
Free Bonus - PDFs of All the Material Covered
As an added bonus for enrolling in this Linux Server Security video training course, you'll receive access to all the slides used in the lessons. You can download them and refer to them when you want to jog your memory or double-check your work.
Enroll now and start learning the skills you need to hack-proof your Linux systems today!
Who this course is for:
- Anyone with a desire to learn how to secure and harden a computer running the Linux operating system.
- Linux system administrators looking to make the systems they support more secure.
- People thinking about a career as a Linux system administrator or engineer.
- This course is not for people who have never used the Linux operating system before.
4.5 hours on-demand video
1 downloadable resource
Full lifetime access
Access on mobile and TV
Certificate of completion