Level Management in Unity
Build a scalable, reusable menu system and save data from Unity
What you'll learn:
- Build a scalable, re-usable Menu system from scratch
- Save and load persistent data to and from your Unity application
- Master Generics and the Singleton design pattern
- Unity 2017 or later
- Internet-connected Mac or PC
- Familiarity with the Unity Editor
- Basic knowledge of C#
- Optional: image-editing software to customize art assets
Are you ready to level up your game dev skills?
In this course, we will:
start with simple demo Unity project and add a front-end menu system
learn techniques for building reusable UI components and transitions in-between Unity scenes
learn the fundamentals of saving and loading persistent data locally from your application
create C# scripts line-by-line and learn how to architect game components cleanly and logically
Level up your Unity skills!
learn the Singleton design pattern
use statics and Generics to avoid repetitious code
explore PlayerPrefs and JsonUtility to save and load data
When you complete the class, you should have a full set of source code to build your own menu system and to save/load persistent data!
Learn from 40+ videos broken into small 10-15 minute lessons. Power through 6 hours of lectures and save weeks of coding!
Join the ever-growing ranks of our class and see what you can build today!
Note: the videos were originally recorded with Unity 2017.3 but the project files have been upgraded to version 2019.3. You should be able to follow along with the lectures using the latest version of Unity.
Who this course is for:
- Beginning to intermediate Unity developers who want to improve their game dev skills
8 hours on-demand video
42 downloadable resources
Full lifetime access
Access on mobile and TV
Certificate of completion