Learn by Example : HBase - The Hadoop Database
25 solved examples to get you up to speed with HBase
- Set up a database for your application using HBase
- Integrate HBase with MapReduce for data processing tasks
- Create tables, insert , read and delete data from HBase
- Get an all round understanding of HBase and it's role in the Hadoop ecosystem
- You'll need to have an IDE where you can run Java code, Intellij IDEA and Eclipse are both good options
- You'll need to have some experience with Java programming
Prerequisites: Working with HBase requires knowledge of Java
Taught by a team which includes 2 Stanford-educated, ex-Googlers and 2 ex-Flipkart Lead Analysts. This team has decades of practical experience in working with large-scale data processing jobs.
Relational Databases are so stuffy and old! Welcome to HBase - a database solution for a new age.
HBase: Do you feel like your relational database is not giving you the flexibility you need anymore? Column oriented storage, no fixed schema and low latency make HBase a great choice for the dynamically changing needs of your applications.
25 solved examples covering all aspects of working with data in HBase
CRUD operations in the shell and with the Java API, Filters, Counters, MapReduce
Implement your own notification service for a social network using HBase
HBase and it’s role in the Hadoop ecosystem, HBase architecture and what makes HBase different from RDBMS and other Hadoop technologies like Hive.
- Yep! Anyone who is interested in understanding HBase, NoSQL and distributed database management
- Yep! Engineers who want to move away from RDBMS and use HBase for their database solution
- Yep! Folks who are using Hadoop ecosystem tools for analytical processing and want a single system for both OLAP and OLTP