Java Persistence: Hibernate and JPA Fundamentals
A simple-to-follow and easy-to-understand training course on Java Persistence with JPA by Example
Java Persistence: Hibernate and JPA Fundamentals udemy course free download:
What you'll learn:
- By the end of this course, you'll be having a strong foundation on Java persistence with Hibernate
- You'll learn the fundamentals and some of the advanced JPA features for object/relational mapping, querying, caching, performance and concurrency
- You'll learn how to use Hibernat as a JPA provider
- You'll get a working experience on Hibernate and JPA project
- You'll get a working experience on Eclipse IDE, MySQL and HeidiSQL
- You'll be introduced to JBOSS Logging with Log4j
- You'll be introduced to Apache Commons Lang
- You'll learn some of the best practices of Hibernate
- Fundamental understanding of Java
- Prior exposure to SQL will be be helpful
If you’re a Java programmer who wants to learn the fundamentals and some of the advanced topics of Java persistence with Hibernate, then you’re the one this course is designed for.
We'll be working with Hibernate 4.3.5.Final (and applicable updates for Hibernate 5.0), and using Hibernate as a JPA provider for the most part of this course. You'll be learning the fundamentals and some of the advanced JPA features for object/relational mapping, querying, caching, performance and concurrency.
Everything important that you're going to experience when you're persisting Java objects with Hibernate is covered during the lectures itself, with the help of animations and stepping through the code. It will allow you to focus more on the concept and the events happening at runtime at the very same time when you're learning a concept, rather than waiting for me go through lengths of coding first before I could show you the same result. And then you practice the same concept with all the source code provided to you after each session that has a lab exercise.
Having said that, I will be first taking you to the level where you feel comfortable enough to start programming with Hibernate. We'll be starting everything from scratch, do the required installations, set up the development environment and learn how to configure logging, for you to be able to see and understand the events taking place at runtime. We'll also learn how to step through our code at runtime, for you to be able to see the behind-the-scene story of Java persistence with Hibernate. And only after that I'll ask you to start coding yourself. So don't you worry even if you know absolutely nothing about persisting Java objects with Hibernate.
If you're asking that what does persisting objects really mean? Don't you worry, we're going to cover even that. So, all you need to learn, enjoy and have a good experience with this course is the basic understanding of Java. That's it, I promise.
So, whether you're a beginner or already have some experience with Hibernate, we're going to cover all the grounds for you to be a confident and competent Hibernate programmer by the end of this course.
Everything we're going to learn in this course, we'll be doing it with examples. And we'll also be discussing the best practices to keep in mind when you're working on real world projects.
And if you're already good at Hibernate and JPA, you'll probably find this course to be useful for filling the gaps in your Hibernate and JPA knowledge.
Please drop me a message, in case you need me for anything to get the best out of this course for you.
And I might add more lectures to this course to make this course even better for you. So I'll appreciate your feedback, on how to improve this course for you.
And yes, to get the best out of this course, especially if you're a beginner, please don't jump through the lectures and complete the Lab Exercise of the previous lecture, before moving on to the next one.
And all the video lectures/sessions are in 16:9 HD, so please watch them in HD.
Who this course is for:
- Java students who want to learn Java persistence with Hibernate
- Students who want to learn Java Persistence API (JPA)
- Working professionals on Java/JavaEE
- Java/JavaEE trainers
- Java greenhorns interested in having JPA with Hibernate in their armory
9 hours on-demand video
41 downloadable resources
Full lifetime access
Access on mobile and TV
Certificate of completion