Istio Hands-On for Kubernetes
Learn how the Istio service mesh can turbo charge your Kubernetes career - with hands on, real world practicals
Istio Hands-On for Kubernetes udemy course free download:
What you'll learn:
- What are Service Meshes?
- What is Istio?
- How can I run Istio locally?
- What are Envoy Proxies?
- The Istio Control and Data Planes
- Visualising a Cluster using Kiali
- Distributed Tracing using Jaeger
- Monitoring metrics using Grafana
- What are Istio VirtualServices and DestinationRules?
- How to deploy Canaries (and what they are!)
- How to deploy "Dark Releases"
- Istio Gateways
- How to test the resilience of a system using Fault Injection
- Understand standard Kubernetes
- Be familiar with pods, deployments and services from Kubernetes
- Be able to run a Kubernetes environment such as Minikube
- If using Minikube, 4gb is required and therefore an 8gb host machine (laptop/desktop) is required
Updated for Istio 1.5 on April 3 2020!
Istio is one of the most talked-about frameworks in recent years! If you've worked with Kubernetes before, then you'll want to learn Istio! With this hands-on, practical course, you'll be able to gain experience in running your own Istio Service Meshes.
This course is designed to be clear and understandable - and fun! But we also go into detail - you'll be learning how to use Istio in real production scenarios - and you'll be looking at the inner workings of Istio.
You can run this course on your own computer, using Minikube (8Gb of Host Ram required) - you don't need a cloud provider, although you can also run the course there - anywhere that you can run Kubernetes!
After a brief talk about what Istio is, we go straight into a hands-on demo, where you'll experience how Istio can solve difficult problems on live projects.
Then you'll find out the details of:
Visualisation (with Kiali)
Distributed Tracing (with Jaeger)
Using Grafana to monitor network traffic
How to deploy canary releases
How to do "Dark Releases"
Istio VirtualServices and DestinationRules
Load Balancing and Session Affinity
Resilience testing with Fault Injection
Circuit Breaking/Outlier Detection
Securing cluster traffic with Mutual TLS (mTLS)
The "learning curve" for Istio is steep - which is why I've designed this course to be as clear and understandable as possible, and I hope with the hands-on demos, you'll also have fun along the way. But most of all, Istio is an extremely powerful tool, and it's a great addition to your CV!
Who this course is for:
- Any Kubernetes developer who wants to learn what Istio can do for them
- Anyone who has tried to understand Istio but finds the standard documentation too confusing
12.5 hours on-demand video
1 downloadable resource
Full lifetime access
Access on mobile and TV
Certificate of completion