Irish Dance for Beginners: An Introduction
Learn the basics of Irish Dance from a Pro! Step by Step break down so anyone can learn
- Dance a full set of Irish Dance steps to music
- Have confidence in their ability to learn Irish dance steps
- Can start in tennis shoes, socks, bare feet or any type of soft dance shoe
- Comfortable clothing in which you can lift your legs
If you have ever thought about learning to Irish dance, or 'Riverdance' as some people say, look no further. This course is designed for beginners and will take you from no knowledge to dancing to Irish music in no time at all! You will be able to show off your skills next St. Patrick's Day.
The course aims to teach two basic sets of movements in easy, attainable increments. Each part of the step is broken down, filmed in close up, then demonstrated without music, to slow music, medium tempo and regular fast music. The steps are repeated a few times on each lecture. Progress at your own pace.
Learning Irish dance can help with balance, strength, and agility. No special requirements only wear something comfortable that you are able to move your legs in. As for shoes, socks, tennis shoes or bare feet are acceptable as well as any type of soft dance shoe.
- Anyone who has an interest in Irish Dance and can walk