Introduction to iOS Game Development with SpriteKit & Swift
Develop your first iOS game using the SpriteKit framework and Swift. A Jump'N'Run with countless awesome features!
What you'll learn:
- Thoroughly understand the SpriteKit framework
- Learn about different Node classes
- Learn about SKPhysics & SKActions
- Learn about using the asset catalogue
- Create amazing worlds and levels with SKTileMapNode
- Learn game development techniques such as red boxing
- Develop your own game full of awesome features
- Get a lot of awesome and unique insights and tips for becoming a top game developer
- A PC capable of running Xcode 8 or higher (Mac is recommended)
- The software Xcode 8 or higher (Can be downloaded for free)
This course is about the Sprite Kit framework and how to use it to build your own Game clearly inspired by Nintendo's best selling game Super Mario Run.
We're going to build this app from scratch meaning you don't have to have any prior experience in game development.
By the end of this course you will have a complete game you can then publish in the App Store.
The source code and the resources that we provide you with are already of incredible value. However the real value is actually the more than 10 hours of video content, in which we explain everything extremely detailed and if you still have any questions or need help, you can always just message us.
We start this course by giving you a thorough introduction to the SK Framework and its most important components, afterwards we'll jump right into building our game, without having to worry about not understanding what we're doing.
Using SKTileMapNode and the SceneEditor we will learn how to create amazing worlds and levels visually without having to write all of the code.
The Game itself will feature things such as:
- Power Ups
- collectibles and much more.
As it is the case with all of our course we will provide you with all of the resources, project files and source code used in this course.
Though it might be helpful to have a basic knowledge of Swift, it is definitely not required at all. Since you have lifetime access to this course you can take it at your own pace and rewatch any lessons as many times as you like. Therefore this course is the perfect introduction into the amazing world of game development!
Who this course is for:
- Game Developers
- Programming Beginners
- Advanced Programmers
10.5 hours on-demand video
87 downloadable resources
Full lifetime access
Access on mobile and TV
Certificate of completion