Introduction to Cognitive Behavior Therapy - Certificate
A Comprehensive Overview - Certificated Course
- By the end of this course you will have a good, comprehensive understanding of CBT
- In this course you will learn about how CBT began, how CBT works, the ABC model of Distress, thoughts feelings and behavior, life rules and core beliefs
- By the end of the course you will have developed the skills needed to use some CBT techniques, strategies and tools for your own use and for work with others.
- An interest in Psychology, Counselling or therapy
- Good basic use of the English language
150 students in 28 countries!!! and counting-This is a 10 session course (containing 20 lecture videos, word handouts, mp3 sound file lectures and a quiz to help reinforce the learning). The course introduces the student to all of the basics of Cognitive Behavior Therapy. Including: how it developed, how it works,the ABC model of distress, life rules, core beliefs and the links between what we think and how we feel.
The course can be completed at the student's own speed and includes powerpoint, handouts, teacher talk, teacher video, teacher white board presentation and opportunities to ask questions, discuss topics and share feedback.
This course is suitable for anyone with an interest in CBT, either for their own use/development or for their future training and educational preferences.
Included in the course is a free copy of Kevin O'Doherty's best selling self help book: The Little Book of Thinking Errors; A Self Help Guide for Changing Unhelpful Thoughts.
- Anyone with an interest in CBT, therapy or psychology
- People who want to use CBT techniques for their own use
- People intending to go on to train as a CBT Therapist
- Therapists from other backgrounds who would like to have a good understanding of CBT and how it works.
- People who are considering or receiving Cognitive Behavior Therapy