Intermediate Computer Forensics
Learning Intermediate computer forensic skills and techniques
What you'll learn:
- Know different types of investigations and investigative software
- Know how to Search a computer image for relevant files both active and deleted
- Know how to search a web browser history, recycle bin and Thumbs DB file for evidence
- Know the basics of creating a Computer forensics report
- A basic understanding of what computer forensics is
- Recommend that you my other course Computer Forensics Fundamentals, but not required
- We will be using mostly open source tools, such as Autopsy and Scalpel which will be downloaded during the course
This course is designed for people with a working knowledge of computer forensics but looking to go deeper into specific skill and techniques of the the field. This is the second course following my pervious course Computer Forensics Fundamentals. While that course is recommended it is not required to take this course as they are independent in regard to topics taught.
- Intermediate Computer Forensics will provide:
- Understanding of Public vs Private investigations
- Understanding of different types of computer forensics software
- Disk Image Analysis through searching and keyword lists
- File carving and the Thumb DB file
- Website and Browser history forensics
- Recycle bin and deleted files forensics
- Creating forensics reports of an investigation
The course will consist of presentations to explain the concepts of computer forensics as well as demonstrations of proper software and collections of digital evidence.
This course is designed for anyone with an interest computer forensics to get a deeper taste of the real world of digital forensics examination.
As an intermediate course it will consist of presentations, hands on lessons and quizs.
Who this course is for:
- Someone with an interest in learning computer forensics
- Someone who wants to know more about how computer stores information and how to find it.
- Someone with a cursory knowledge of computer forensics but wants to know more about the details
1.5 hours on-demand video
2 downloadable resources
Full lifetime access
Access on mobile and TV
Certificate of completion