How To Become A SQL Server Cloud Architect on AWS
Moving Your SQL Server to The Cloud
What you'll learn:
- This Course was Designed for SQL Server DBAs moving their Databases to Amazon's Cloud
- You will be Architecting SQL Server Instances Using RDS.
- As an Amazon SQL Server Cloud Architect You'll be Learning the vernacular of Amazon's Cloud.
- You'll need a FREE tier account on AWS but don't create one now. We cover this in great detail before we start the course.
- You should have SQL Server 2012 installed on your computer. The version is important because currently RDS only supports SQL Server 2008R2 and SQL Server 2012.
- Fast access to the internet will be very important. The cloud is a metaphor for internet based computing.
- You Will Need a Cell Phone. All AWS Accounts use multi-factor authentication. We Will Cover Why At the Start of This Course.
This course focuses on moving SQL Server Databases to Amazon's Cloud. Amazon's cloud is called AWS which stands for Amazon Web Services and their database offering is called RDS or Relational Database Service.
This course is NOT for any of the current AWS certifications. Currently, there are NO database specific certifications for Amazon's RDS platform.
This course WILL give you the skills necessary to move SQL Server Database to Amazon's cloud. The course will provide YOU with REAL WORLD examples on how to MOVE your existing database to the cloud.
Amazon's control 58% of the cloud market and is spending approximately a BILLION a year on cementing that lead over it's closest competition, which is Microsoft Azure. Currently, Azure comes in second at 12%.
As a SQL Server Consultant I can tell you that many of my customers are MOVING to Amazon's various cloud offerings.
There are still many LIMITATIONS and nuances to moving SQL Server Databases to the cloud. We will discuss many of these in the course.
The code, applications, and TOOLS (like Management Studio) you already use today with your existing databases can be used with Amazon RDS. Amazon RDS AUTOMATICALLY patches the database software and backs up your database, storing the backups for a user-defined retention period and enabling point-in-time recovery.
Amazon RDS makes it easy to use replication to enhance availability and reliability for production workloads. Using the Multi-AZ deployment option you can run MISSION CRITICAL workloads with high availability and built-in automated fail-over from your primary database to a synchronously replicated secondary database in case of a failure.
Availability zone replication is very much like having a built in SQL Server Cluster with the click of a button. This course will set up SQL Server Availability Zones for our HIGH AVAILABILITY needs.
ENROLL NOW!!. Let's Get Started
Who this course is for:
- You will need to have a solid understanding of SQL Server fundamentals.
- This is not a course for beginners.
- This course was created for SQL Server DBAs preparing to move SQL Server Databases to RDS
1 hour on-demand video
7 mins on-demand audio
1 downloadable resource
Full lifetime access
Access on mobile and TV
Certificate of completion