Fun food safety and sanitation course
The food safety course will help prepare you for safely working in a kitchen and food handler tests like Servesafe.
- Identify and reduce the causes of food-borne illnesses
- Learn to handle food in a safe manner
- Understand the HAACP System flow of food
- Take actions to create and maintain a safe and sanitary working environment
- Check state and local regulatory information and your organization’s policies to determine your training and certification needs.
- A paper and pen is needed for note taking.
Welcome to food safety and sanitation. In this fun and animated course you will learn about food borne illness, how to prevent it and how to train employees in food sanitation. It is imperative that everyone in your organization from the owner, to the manager to all your employees learn the basic food safety practices for preparing and serving food. Do not assume people understand these rules or how to apply them. It is your job to protect customer health, improve employee performance and preserve your business reputation. Most people like myself learn these essential food safety practices in culinary school but some do not. It is your job to understand, identify and create a culture of food safety.
The concepts covered:
• The Importance of Food Safety
• HACCP (Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points)
• Receiving and Storing Food
• Time and Temperature Control
• Preventing Cross-Contamination
• Safe Food Preparation
• Methods of Thawing, Cooking, Cooling and Reheating Food
• Cleaning and Sanitizing
• Good Personal Hygiene
• Food Safety Regulations
• And much, much more . . .
- This food safety and sanitation course is designed to create a safe environment for your customers, your fellow employees and yourself.
- Many city, county or state regulations require you to pass an exam accredited under the Conference for Food Protection (CFP) Food Protection Manager Certification Program Standards.