FPGA Embedded Design, Part 2 - Basic FPGA Training
Learn FPGA embedded application design starting with the basics and leaving with your own working hardware.
What you'll learn:
- Build an FPGA embedded solution from the ground up using Altera/Intel FPGAs and software.
- Apply your Verilog knowledge to real applications with FPGAs.
- Basic knowledge of Hardware Description languages like Verilog or VHDL is expected.
- You are not required to make any purchases, but an Altera/Intel DE0-CV board will come in handy if you want to follow along with the examples shown throughout the course.
It's time to get your hands on an actual FPGA!
In this second part of the FPGA Embedded Design series, we'll get our hands on an actual FPGA to bring our designs to life.
We'll use an FPGA development board from Terasic. We'll program a Cyclone V FPGA from Altera/Intel, using their development suite Quartus Prime.
This course consists of two main parts:
Foundations of FPGAs, where we'll cover the essentials of FPGAs, how they work, what they can and cannot do.
Hands-On Training, where we'll design some simple hardware and download it into an FPGA development board. No purchases are required for this second part, but it sure helps to have your own board to follow along, and keep on tinkering in the future with this new superpower.
What are you waiting for? Let's have some fun!!!
Who this course is for:
- Anyone who wants to learn FPGA design.
- Developers curious about FPGA Design.
- Embedded Engineers who want to learn about FPGAs.
- This course is not for experienced embedded engineers specialized in FPGAs.
2.5 hours on-demand video
6 downloadable resources
Full lifetime access
Access on mobile and TV
Certificate of completion