Configuring the Synology Network Attached Storage Appliance
Leverage the Synology NAS appliances and get them to help you with your work with their many productive functions
- Understand the concepts of Synology NAS Appliances
- Learn to configure basic system parameters
- Learn how to use DSM Assistant
- Configure volumes and storage parameters
- Configure connections and targets
- Configure shares, file services, users and groups
- Work with application packages for extra functionality
- Configure backup and replication
- Monitor Storage use, harware resources and logs
- Configure and use Cloudstation as a private cloud storage solution
- Learn about the video surveillance capabilities
- Basic networking knowledge
- Basic drive volumes and storage knowledge
Have you heard about storage, SAN, NAS? Are these concepts new to you or are you curious to find out more? Do you want to learn how to configure a Synology Storage appliance?
Well then, you've come to the right place!
In this course you will learn how to work with the Synology network attached storage appliances, which will give you many functions that will help you everyday. You'll get to create your own private cloud storage that can rival Dropbox, learn how to connect and record footage from IP surveillance cameras, learn how to create files, shared folders, volumes and even how to install and use a web server on the unit and many more.
This prerequisites for this course are basic networking knowledge, basic hard drives and storage knowledge and generally a desire to learn new things.
By the end of the course you should be able to take a Synology storage appliance and configure the multitude of functions, while also working with it to be more productive in your day-to-day operations. On top of that, you'll know how to keep your data safe!
- Anyone interested in understanding how to operate a Synology NAS