Computer Repair & Help Desk for Beginners
The Beginner's Guide to Navigating and Understanding Your PC: Learn Windows 10 Basics, How to Back-Up Data, & more!
What you'll learn:
- Navigate Windows to locate files, documents, and tools more efficiently.
- Use General maintenance tools to speed up your PC.
- Backup files and documents and become familiar with 3rd Party Backup software vendors.
- Identify and describe functions of common hardware parts that make up a computer.
- Download multiple browsers, become familiar with various search engines, and learn to repair Microsoft Office.
- Discover free Microsoft Office compatible software, solutions.
- Willingness to learn!
- Windows 10 Operating System.
- Learners should be able to use PC at beginner level.
- Jump drive or External Hard drive
Learn the basics of Windows 10 operating system. How to navigate with Windows Explorer, Identify hardware and software, along with various troubleshooting techniques to repair your computer.
Computers and technology have become a vital part of work, home, and educational endeavors across the world. Understanding how to efficiently use your PC will give you a competitive edge in the workplace and build a solid understanding of technology for years to come.
With over 14 years in the IT field working in positions such as Help Desk Analyst, Local Area Network Specialist, and IT Consultant; I've witnessed first hand how technology can be intimidating for users. In this Introductory course you'll learn how to use technology to your advantage and build a solid foundation for the road ahead.
You will discover computer shortcuts, navigation tips, and tools that will allow you to work more efficiently, save time, and began your journey into the Information Technology field. You'll follow along with quick exercises and quizzes that will reinforce materials covered in each lesson. The aim is not only to teach you a class about computers, but to share knowledge and tools that will help you for years to come.
What are the requirements?
Windows PC running Windows 10.
Thumb drive or External Hard Drive (Used in Backup Lesson)
An eagerness to learn!
Who this course is for:
- This course is for beginners who would like more experience using their PC.
- This is for students who desire to know 'how' a computer works.
- Those who wish to better navigate and troubleshoot their Windows PC.
- Beginner Computer repair enthusiasts.
- Learners who wish to begin a career in Help Desk or the Information Technology sector.
- Advanced users who would like to revisit foundation principles of computers and Windows 10 operating system.
- Users switching from earlier versions of Windows to Windows 10.
2 hours on-demand video
1 downloadable resource
Full lifetime access
Access on mobile and TV
Certificate of completion