Computer Forensics Fundamentals
An introduction to Computer Forensics, to demonstrate the process of going from the crime scene to the court room.
- Understanding what computer forensics is
- Be able to make a forensics image from a drive
- Be able to mount a drive for analysis
- Understand basic artifacts of the operating system
- Understand basics of first responder to scene and what should be done to secure the digital evidence
- Basic knowledge of computers and ability to run software applications
Computer Forensics Fundamentals will provide:
- Foundational concepts about the computer forensics field
- Understanding of hexadecimal and hashing in relations to computer forensics
- An introductory understanding of what computer forensics is
- The process of collecting digital evidence
- How do create, mount and explore forensic digital images
- Considerations for first responders to a computer crime scene
The course will consist of presentations to explain the concepts of computer forensics as well as demonstrations of proper collections of digital evidence.
This course is designed for anyone with an interest computer forensics to get a taste of the real world of digital forensics examination.
As an introductory course it will consist of presentations, hands on lessons and quizs.
- Anyone with an interest in computer forensics