Coding Kids: Let's Make Games!
For kids (and grownups) who want to learn programming foundations and make their own games.
What you'll learn:
- make their own games at home using free software
- understand the basic concepts and logic of programming
- build their confidence working with computers and professional software
- Basic computer skills (using Windows, a mouse etc.)
- A computer running a Windows operating system
- Internet (to download the free software, Construct 2)
This course offers a gentle and fun introduction to the world of game development, teaching basic coding and game design concepts. The goal of the course is to get kids comfortable and passionate about coding and game development. It is also a great way for creative kids to express themselves by bringing their own game ideas to life.
The Coding Kids Approach
Learning should be fun. Our kids are having too much fun to realize they are actually gaining some of the most indispensable skills for their possible future career.
At Coding Kids we turn kids' love of playing videogames into making videogames. The journey will prepare them for potential careers in fields such as programming, game design, digital art, interactive media and so much more.
Contents and Overview
In over three and a half hours of content including 38 lectures, this course covers the foundations of programming and game design by building four different games from scratch. Completed Construct 2 project files for each tutorial can be downloaded through the course.
This course covers, amongst other things:
- Object based programming
- 2d game sprites
- Events and Actions
- Game design
Students will also learn basic good programming habits such as proper object naming, frequent saving of work and pre-planning of work.
Upon completion students will understand basic programming concepts and be able to make a variety of games entirely on their own. They will be at a much better position to take on further learning of programming and game development at school or at home.
Who this course is for:
- Kids aged 8-15 with interest in programming and/or game development
- Parents who want to help their kids learn programming
- Adults who look for a simple and easy introduction to game development
3.5 hours on-demand video
4 downloadable resources
Full lifetime access
Access on mobile and TV
Certificate of completion