Certified Family Trauma Professional (CFTP)
Helping Families Heal from Trauma
- Certified Family Trauma Professional (CTFP)
- This is a discussion of the elements of trauma informed care and supporting materials on the nature of how trauma/adversity can impact life and health throughout the lifespan.
Presenter: Dr. Robert Rhoton Psy D., LPC, D.A.A.E.T.S.
Join Dr. Robert Rhoton Psy D., LPC, D.A.A.E.T.S. for the Certified Family Trauma Professional (CFTP) training. This training is designed to improve the quality of care and clinical outcomes by approaching child and youth trauma from a family base. Learn how to capture the resources of a family to improve care and create greater safety and stability for families. This approach not only improves the life of a child but changes the dynamic of an entire family.
There is increasing evidence that child focused trauma therapy will be more effective if the caregiving system is engaged in the treatment process. It is difficult to help a child be more stable than the environment that they are living within. This training is designed to help the clinician more effectively support and encourage families and other caregivers to be involved in the process of helping children recover from trauma. There are many counselors that desire to be more effective in working with traumatized children and families but find it challenging and uncomfortable to have discussions with families about trauma, and often feel awkward and then avoid doing so by overly focusing on the child. This increases the time the child is in services and can erode clinical confidence in promoting recovery and healing for trauma. Young children are exposed to traumatic stressors at an increasing rate in today’s society making it essential that clinicians have the skills necessary to help children and families navigate and recover from these troubling experiences.
1. Greater capacity to create safety and stability within families
2. Explain dysfunction and traumatic family patterns
3. Assess and execute treatment that reduces the impact of Traumagenesis in families
4. Explain how trauma from a family perspective is related to Traumagenesis than to specific events
5. Define the part of the brain and nervous system that creates trauma and changes family dynamics
6. Explain and apply the concept of sympathetic system dominance to identify trauma reactions and mitigations
7. List the elements that are tied to aversive childhood experiences that create lifelong impact on people and families
8. Explain the process of how trauma is formed and maintained in families
9. Recognize and state the environmental activators for trauma reactive adaptions
10. List the stages of safety building for family-based trauma treatment
11. List and explain the International Association of Trauma Professionals trauma treatment structure
12. Understand and explain the primary models of family-based treatment for trauma
This course meets the educational requirement for the Certified Clinical Trauma Specialist – Family (CCTSF) when applying to the Trauma Institute International (TII). For eligibility, please visit the TII website for details.
This course is not available for NBCC credit.
- Mental health, teachers, probation, courts, child-protective agencies, foster parents, clergy
Certified Family Trauma Professional (CFTP) udemy courses free download
Demo url: https://www.udemy.com/course/certified-family-trauma-professional-cftp/
Generating Download Link... 30
Please Click Some Ads so we can But Latest Courses for you.
Download Link: http://freenulledworld.com/download/2042