C# Memory Tricks: Learn How To Master The Garbage Collector
This course teaches you advanced C# memory management tricks that every professional .NET developer must know.
What you'll learn:
- Learn how the Garbage Collector works
- Master .NET memory optimization
- Discover the truth about finalizers
- Learn how to measure the memory footprint of your code
- The unexpected memory footprint of List resizing
- Structs versus classes - which one is better?
- What assumptions does the GC make about object size and lifetime?
- Manual deallocation with the Dispose pattern
- ... and much more!
- You need a Windows, Mac or Linux laptop with Microsoft Visual Studio, Xamarin Studio or Monodevelop
- You should be a beginner, intermediate, or advanced C# developer
- That's it!
Last updated: November 17th, 2017 - Added new promo video
Modern computers have loads of memory. But it's very easy to burn through it all in seconds if your code is not efficient about allocating and using memory.
Did you know that one simple mistake can make your code allocate 1600 times more memory than absolutely necessary?
Don't be 'that developer' who keeps crashing the development server with an OutOfMemory exception!
And you certainly don't want to be responsible for inflating the hardware budget. Can you imagine having to explain to your team that 512 GB of memory is not enough to run your code on the production server?
Let me help you.
It doesn't have to be like this. If you have a good understanding of the garbage collection process and follow a few simple best practices, you can dramatically reduce the memory footprint of your code.
In the last 10 years I have learned the secrets of garbage collection in .NET, and in this course I am going to share them all with you.
In a series of short lectures I will take a detailed look at the garbage collection process. I will show you all of the memory allocation problems you can expect when writing C# code, like unexpected boxing, string duplication, collection resizing, and more. I'll teach you quick and easy strategies to resolve these problems.
By the end of this course you will be able to master the garbage collector.
Why should you take this course?
You should take this course if you are a beginner or intermediate C# developer and want to take your skills to the next level. Garbage collection and memory management might sound complicated, but all of my lectures are very easy to follow and I explain all topics with clear code and many instructive diagrams. You'll have no trouble following along.
Or maybe you're working on a critical section of code in a C# project, and need to make sure your memory usage is as efficient as possible? The tips and tricks in this course will help you immensely.
Or maybe you're preparing for a C# related job interview? This course will give you an excellent foundation to answer any questions they might throw at you.
30 day money-back guarantee
This course comes with an unconditional, Udemy backed, 30-day money-back guarantee. If you are dissatisfied with the course for any reason, simply request a refund and get your full purchase amount back, no questions asked.
Who this course is for:
- Beginner, intermediate, and advanced C# programmers who want to learn how to master the garbage collector.
- Developers who are about to take a job interview and need to prepare for questions about memory allocation in .NET
- Professionals who are writing a section of mission-critical code in a large C# project
3.5 hours on-demand video
Full lifetime access
Access on mobile and TV
Certificate of completion