A+ 2016: PC Components Fundamentals
Go in-depth into the many different types of pc components while preparing for CompTIA A+ Certification (900 Exam).
What you'll learn:
- Prepare for the CompTIA A+ 220-901 & 220-902 exam to become A+ Certified!
- Learn all about RAM, the role it plays, and troubleshooting RAM issues.
- Utilize what storage devices are available to you and be able to best take advantage of these devices.
- Understand why CPU is the called the brain of the computer and how it controls computer functionality.
- Gain an introduction to different types of display devices that are used in an office setting or at home.
- Cover the various types of printers, the different ways in which to send your information to the printer, and how to best maintain your printer.
- Apply your knowledge throughout the course with quick quizzes.
- Download extra printable and saveable flash cards, games, slideshows, and other supplemental materials for each lecture in our course.
- Participate in active discussions with other information technology students & participants becoming certified.
- Communicate with the instructor and openly ask questions that will be addressed within 48 hours!
- A computer with Internet.
- This is 1 out of our 6 course "CompTIA A+ 900" series: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B-bU4vzmt_NyVnZRRFU1N3ROblU
Welcome to A+ PC Components Fundamentals from LearnSmart.
This course will help you validate you have mastered the technologies found in today’s extensive and varied IT environment to boost your career. This course series will also better qualify you for such jobs as computer systems analyst and information security specialist.
foundational knowledge of the principles, techniques, and tools needed to successfully prepare for CompTIA's A+ 220-901 Essentials & 220-902 Practical Application exams.
This is 1 Course in our 6 Course CompTIA A+ Series including:
- A+ PC Assembly Fundamentals
- A+ PC Components Fundamentals
- A+ Networking Fundamentals
- A+ Mobility with Portable Devices Fundamentals
- A+ Operating Systems Fundamentals
- A+ Security and Operational Procedures Fundamentals
This course is designed to prepare the student for the CompTIA 220-901 & 220-902. Students will look into PC components. Once in our course review our course map to see just how we align with CompTIA's A+ Certification in providing this training. Learn the main exam objectives by learning these key concepts we cover:
- RAM Types and Features
- Storage Devices
- Central Processing Unit
- Display Devices
- Introduction to Printers
Our lectures are paired with a variety of demonstrations and quizzes giving visual example and real world look of the concepts that will be talked about.
Our sections listed below are can be taken in any order, as a review of a particular concept or exam domain. However, if you are just becoming familiar with the PC components and systems it is recommended that you view the courses sequentially.
Section 1: Learn all about RAM, the role it plays, and troubleshooting RAM issues.
Section 2: Utilize what storage devices are available to you and be able to best take advantage of these devices.
Section 3: Understand why CPU is the called the brain of the computer and how it controls computer functionality.
Section 4: Gain an introduction to different types of display devices that are used in an office setting or at home.
Section 5: Cover the various types of printers, the different ways in which to send your information to the printer, and how to best maintain your printer.
Learn from others! Here are some reviews from participants (Click on reviews to see full list of reviews)
- Great Material - This course is a great reference and way to refresh your skills for the new A+ exam! I needed a good refresh before taking the exam and this course is clearly laid out and copiously covers the material for the exam. Great course, well worth the money! -- M.B.
- Perfect Course - Not only do you get great lectures that are pretty much PowerPoints with an instructor teaching you the concepts, there are also Demo lectures that show you how each of the concepts works in real life. This is such valuable information to have when taking the test. I feel very confident that this course is the best course on Udemy. -- D.R. Jr.
- A Complete Jumpstart - What has impressed me the most is the depth of the content to this coarse. Each HD video is crystal clear in both the visual and audio, even including quality closed captioning (great for reading along with the lectures). I wasn't interested in the flashcards or the crossword puzzles when I started the program, but I've found them to be very useful in staying engaged in the class when away from home. This is everything you need to get started and have a classroom quality experience from home. Dive in and stay focused! -- P.C.
Who this course is for:
- Looking to enhance your skills in pc assembly?
- Are you an IT professional, computer systems analyst, or information security specialist? These concepts are key for these kind of professions.
- Please review our course map to see just how we align with CompTIA's A+ certification objectives and standards provided through this training: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B-bU4vzmt_NyOWY3Qno1Qmw4X1k
5.5 hours on-demand video
220 downloadable resources
Full lifetime access
Access on mobile and TV
Certificate of completion