3D Programming with WebGL and Babylon.js for Beginners
Upgrade your skills and become future-ready by incorporating 3D technologies in your web development belt
What you'll learn:
- Create Babylon.js apps
- Understand the role of WebGL in current and future web development
- Use WebGL in their existing web development projects
- Students need to install a local web server to run the course examples
- A code editor (I'll be using Visual Studio Code)
- A web browser (I'll be using Google Chrome)
Funded through Kickstarter by 550+ people
In this course you will learn the basic concepts of WebGL and how to program 3D web applications using Babylon.js. We'll follow a very practical approach so that you won't only learn to create really cool 3D scenes and animations, but also you'll learn how to use existing 3D models from Blender in Babylon.js apps, and how to incorporate Babylon.js apps into existing websites.
By the end of this course, you'll have the basic tools to undertake innovative projects such as:
- 3D games in the browser.
- Educational websites using 3D models (planetary systems, models of the human body, animals).
- 3D data visualization.
- E-commerce stores that showcase 3D designs of the products they sell.
- Real estate websites where the visitor can walk in a 3D model of the house.
- Virtual reality projects.
Concepts covered in this course:
- What is WebGL and how it works(*)
- Basics of 3D programming with Babylon.js
- Rendering scenes, meshes, materials, textures, lights
- Working with cameras
- Adding mobile support
- Representing a 3D solar system for educational apps
- Creating beautiful environments with skyboxes
- Exporting Blender models into Babylon.js applications
- Adding Babylon.js apps to existing websites
*Native WebGL programming with the GLSL language is not included in this course. We want to focus only on technologies you can quickly incorporate in your existing workflow, and we believe there is no reason to learn GLSL unless you want to create your own WebGL framework, so we don't cover this technology in the course.
Who this course is for: