30 Copywriting Secrets from the Best Ad Campaign of All Time
Learn how to write compelling copy by studying print ads written by award-winning copywriters (copywriting pros)
- Write headlines that grab attention
- Write headlines that compel prospects to read the body copy
- Write headlines that work with visuals
- Write opening lines that compel readers to read the rest of the ad
- Use irony to grab attention
- Follow a simple, step-by-step formula for writing body copy
- Build trust with body copy
- Find and write unusual testimonials
- Write effective endings to a sales message
- Write copy that keeps readers reading right to the end
- Write clever, effective endings to sales copy
- Students must know how to write well in English
THIS COURSE IS ALSO INCLUDED IN MY NEW MASTERCLASS ON UDEMY. TAKE IT HERE AS A STAND-ALONE COURSE, OR ENJOY IT ALONG WITH 20 HOURS OF OTHER CONTENT. MY MASTERCLASS ON UDEMY IS CALLED: Alan Sharpe's 20-Hour Copywriting Masterclass
In this course, you’ll learn how to write copy that grabs attention and motivates prospects to buy.
I designed this course for anyone who wants a shortcut to learning how to write great copy. By the end of this course, you’ll be able to write copy that gets noticed, gets read and gets results.
You and I will examine the most successful advertising campaign in history. I’m talking about the newspaper ads for Volkswagen that ran during the 1960s and 1970s. This campaign took a boring, ugly, unknown product and made it one of the most talked-about, popular products in history. I’m going to show you dozens of ads from this campaign. Each one is a case study in how to write clever, powerful, funny, amazing copy.
You'll see how a successful ad is built. We'll cover headlines, visuals, opening lines, body copy, format of a sales pitch, testimonials, features and benefits, reader engagement, humour, irony, keys to being original, endings, and plenty more.
I designed this course for two people: copywriters who want to improve their craft, and aspiring copywriters who want to learn what actually works in copywriting.
This course contains no theory—just dozens of examples of copy that works, and a detailed explanation of why it works. To get a good idea of what we’ll cover, preview some of the lessons below. Then take this course. Forty years from now, people might be talking about your copy. Hey, you never know.
- Any copywriter who wants to learn copywriting tips from the most successful print advertising campaign in history
- Copywriters who want to perfect their craft
- Writers who want to learn the basics of how to write effective print advertising copy
- This course is not for people who want tips on SEO copywriting
- This course does not deal with online copywriting
- This course does not offer any advice on how to start a copywriting business